WWW.PhillyJazz.Org - One of America's
Jazz Clubs - Check the
- Clubs come and go. Sometimes they try a Jazz policy and wimp out after a few weeks.
Those who start a new jazz policy are very quick to insist on a listing, but
nobody EVER gives a notification when it is discontinued.
- I try to keep current, but have neither the time, bread, nor liver cells to be on the scene in any serious way.
- Most of the places listed here are pretty consistent about booking Jazz, but it's always a good idea to call first. Also, the City Paper sometimes does a good job of listing events and bookings. Local dailies are not updated as much as they should be. Consequently, if you see Lester Young booked at Pep's while reading the Daily News or Inky (Inquirer) this weekend, don't cancel any engagements 'till you call and check it out. Also peruse the Philadelphia Weekly . If you hear of a new club, let me know and I'll add it.
Also, check the
Philly Jazz Event Calendar.
All phone #s (215) unless specified
Jazz most nights (at least weekends) .. You'll never go wrong !!!
- Chris' Jazz Cafe (1421 Sansom St.) 568-3131
- The Prime Rib at the Warwick (17th St.)
- Le Cochon
Noir - Jazz and SMOKIN' BBQ - Blues Brunch on Sundays (CLOSED
in Downingtown - a rising star in the 'burbs.
- Gerald Veasey's JazzBase - Reading, PA
SULLIVAN’S STEAKHOUSE click
5525 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803 (Clifford Brown's hometown is a short ride away !!)
302 479 7970 (There is one in King of Prussia as well that probably has Jazz too ... )
Top Shelf Lounge, 56th and Market - Tues. Nights with legendary Sam
Reed, and Saturday "Matinee" from 4:00-8:00 PM. Artists vary.
Call First .... Most of these places have Jazz one or two nights a week, or have had Jazz in the past. There is no guarantee, so take my advice, and CALL FIRST !!
La Rose - Sunday Night Jams - 5531 Germantown
- Tritone 1508 South (Across from Bob and Barbara's) 545-0475
- SoleFood Restaurant at Loews Hotel 1200 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19107 (215) 231-7300
- Gallucios - Wilmington, DE -
Sundays and Thursdays
- CafeClassics - Doylestown (a non-smoking Blues and Jazz Club) 215-489-3535
Dowling's Place - Sunday Nights with
Lucky Thompson and the Budesa Brothers
1310 N. Broad St. (at Thompson) 215-236-9888
- Sotto Varalli 231 S. Broad - 546.6800 Fri&Sat 7:30 - 11:30
- William Penn Inn, Route 202, Sumneytown Pike in Gwynedd, 215-699-9272.
- Bob And Barbara's (Mon.+ Fri-Sat)
- Sullivan's Steakhouse 700 W. Dekalb Pike , King of Prussia (610) 878-9025
- 23rd Street Cafe - 233 N. 23rd St. 561-2488 (Tues. Jams only)
- Charley B's, II (formerly Slim Coopers) at Johnson & Stenton Ave 215-424-2499
On the Jersey Side : Can anyone verify these are still open ?? I don't cross the bridge much. I'm not afraid of heights .. I'm afraid of widths ....
Firehouse Café - Mt
Holly New Jersey - NEW NEW NEW !!!
- Brianna's Italian Ristorante at 712 Haddon Ave in Collingswood, NJ -856-854-0660 twice a month on the second and last Saturdays. Parking in Rear
- 7th & Kaighn Lounge - 701 Kaighn Avenue, Camden NJ 609-541-2217 (Sunday nights)
- Saloon, 1848 Old White Horse Pike, Camden, NJ. 610-902-5195 or evening 215-438-8206.
Candelight Lounge in Trenton
24 Passaic Street
Trenton, NJ 08618 -(609) 695-9612
Like most concert venues, these feature a variety of styles of music, but some pretty good Jazz can be heard occasionally.
3025 Walnut Street
9201 Germantown Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19118
Located at Bells Mill Road
in Chestnut Hill
Rutgers-Camden Center for the Arts
Delaware (Wilmington is Right Close By)
5525 Concord Pike
Wilmington, Delaware 19803
302 479 7970
JAZZ TRIO – THURSDAYS / JAZZ DUOS ALL OTHER DAYS
Monday – Friday 6pm – 11pm / Saturday 5:30pm – 11:30pm
Sunday 4:30pm – 9:30pm
Sunday and Monday 6pm – 11pm / Tuesday – Friday 6pm –
Saturday 5:30pm – 11:30 pm